- Par-boiled rice - 1 cup
- Moong dal - 3/4 cup, Urad dal - 1/4 cup
- Bengal gram , Toor dal - 1/2 cup
- Red Chillies - 3-4
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Ginger - an inch chopped finely
- Green chillies - 1 chopped
- Hing - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Curry leaves - few chopped finely
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves - few leaves chopped finely
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
Soak the ingredients in water for 4-5 hours. Soak 1, 2 and 3 items separately.
Wash and grind the soaked ingredients coarsely along with red chillies, green chilli, fennel seeds, ginger and salt. Add little water and bring it to medium consistency neither too thick nor too thin.
Add the ingredients under "To Mix" to the adai batter and mix well.
Heat a non stick tawa and pour a ladle of adai batter and spread. Don't drag it too much let it be little thick. Add a tsp of oil around it and wait till it gets cooked.
Then turn it over to the other side and add a tsp of oil around the adai and wait till it gets cooked.
When both sides are cooked, remove from tawa. Serve with aviyal, chutney or sambar.
Linking this to 'Love for Lentils' event .