Brinjal - 1/4 kg
Dried Mochai - 1/2 cup
Onion - 2
Tamarind - Gooseberry size
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Red Chillies - 3
Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
Bengal gram - 2 tsp
Urad dal - 2 tsp
Shredded coconut - 1 tbsp
1. Soak mochai overnight and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
2. Slice brinjal and onion length-wise
3. Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup of warm water and extract tamarind juice
4. Heat 1 tsp of oil roast the ingredients to grind. Grind the mixture.
5. Heat 2 tbsp of oil, add mustard seed, urad dal, curry leaves. Fry one by one.
6. Add onion and fry till soft.
7. Add brinjal, turmeric powder and salt and fry brinjal in low flame.
8. When brinjal is cooked add cooked mochai, tamarind extract and the ground powder.
9. Mix well and cook till raw smell goes off.
10.Ready to serve.