Friday, July 22, 2011
Baby Potato Fry
Baby Potato - 20 to 25
Onion - 1 sliced
Mustard, Urad - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp (as per taste)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida powder - a pinch
Salt (as per taste)
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 4 tbsp
1. Boil the potatoes. Do not overcook the potatoes.
2. Peel the boiled potatoes , add chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and set it aside for 1/2 to 1 hour.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, asafoetida powder and urad dhal fry till the mustard starts sputtering and the dhal is golden brown.
4. Add curry leaves and onions. Fry till the onion is soft.
5. Then add the potatoes and fry till it becomes golden brown in colour.